Parcel A is a 220 +/- acre division of the full 398.5 acres. (The full parcel is listed as well)
This Sumter County tract is an extremely versatile property. Currently, it is set up with low fence for cattle grazing. However, years ago, it was used for paid hunting and the hunting still remains very good today. With a few improvements, this could be easily converted back into an incredible recreational and timber property. The current owners have already been constantly making improvements of the property over the last few weeks. (New roads/trails, cleaning up brush, etc.)
- Great deer, turkey, hog, dove, and duck hunting. They have held barrel-burning dove shoots for 50+ guns at a time. So, if you are looking to entertain family, friends, or customers then this will be a great way to do it.
- Great neighbors that invest heavily in quality wildlife and property management.
- They have free hog trapping arrangement in place that could be maintained.
-Couple nice shooting houses and green fields. (~10 acres of dedicated food plots)
- 20+ year old hardwood timber throughout the tract. It could use a 1st thinning. Mixture of Cherrybark Oak, Nuttall Oak, and White Oak. This was part of a CRP program that has been fulfilled. There are no current restrictions remaining. It was planted approximately 220 trees to the acre.
- 60 +/- acres of pasture land
- Several streams and watering holes throughout the property.
- Couple potential bass lake sites. This family also currently runs a commercial fishing operation on nearby property. They have had tremendous success with growing large bass in this area. Their customers are catching 10+ pound bass regularly. (Some pictures are attached.) Additionally, their pond builder does incredible work and lives close to the property. He would be happy to quote you and build the ponds on this tract. They can also do any brush clearing or bulldozer work that you need.
- Blacktop road frontage and several areas that would make great home sites. Power runs through the property close to the possible homesite areas.
- Under 15minutes to the famous Diamond Jim's and Mrs. Donna's Steak House in Livingston, Al.
- 1 hour to Tuscaloosa, AL. 1 hour and 45 minutes to Birmingham, AL. 40 minutes to Meridian, Ms.
If you have any questions or are interested in viewing the property, please give Slade Johnston or Wallace Tutt a call.
The map attached shows the approximate boundry lines but is not exact. The East boundry will run the cattle fence row. Acreage is approximate based on mapping software.