Butler Plantation is a distinct timberland property ideally suited to the buyer seeking diversified attributes that include:
- 396.37 acres of 29-year-old pine plantations across lovely rolling terrain.
- Mature hardwood bottomland with heavy volumes of merchantable timber.
- 214.87 acres of 2020 planted pines.
- Four tributaries of Horse Creek flow through the property with a newly constructed dam and lake along one of these tributaries.
- Excellent soils for maximum timber production.
- Good neighborhood with long-term ownership of adjoining properties.
- Very private location near Butler, Georgia.
- High populations of quality deer and turkey providing additional opportunities for recreational hunting, or income from hunting lease.
- Three gated entrances along quiet Melody Lane.
- Excellent road network throughout the property.
- 59.55 acres of recently harvested pine plantations, suitable for reforestation, agricultural use, or large wildlife food plots.
Butler Plantation is located just 5 minutes south of Butler, the county seat of Taylor County. Taylor County is a diverse agrarian community with peach and pecan orchards, attractive farms, and productive timberland. The Fall Line, one of Georgia's most remarkable geologic features, runs from Columbus to Augusta separating the Piedmont region from the Coastal Plain region. The Fall Line runs through the middle of Taylor County. Butler Plantation is located just south of the Fall Line in the upper Coastal Plains, with some of the best soils for agriculture and timber production in the county. The Fall Line Freeway is two minutes from the northern part of this property. Highway 19 is very close to the western boundary. The tract and wildlife are influenced by its proximity to the Flint River Basin, which is famous for trophy white-tail deer and turkey.
Butler Plantation is accessed from county-maintained Melody Lane. There are three well-maintained and attractive gated entrances to the property from this road. There are numerous roads throughout the property that provide access to all parts of the property, including easy access to the new lake. Electric power has been provided to the property and underground wiring established to the compound area used by the hunting club that has leased the property for many years.
Butler Plantation greets you with stately stands of 29-year-old pines on gently rolling terrain. These stands make up over 53 percent of the total acreage. Another 29 percent of the property has been harvested and replanted in 2020 with genetically improved loblolly pine. There is also 8 percent of the property that was recently harvested and remains open for the possibility of reforestation, agricultural use, or large wildlife food plots. The remaining acreage is in natural hardwood bottomlands that are tributaries of Horse Creek. The terrains vary from level to gently rolling hills.
Butler Plantation features 214.9 acres of loblolly pine that was planted in 2020 and 396.37 acres of 29-year-old pine plantations. There is significant merchantable timber in the 29-year-old plantations, which have been selectively thinned to produce saw timber and poles. There are 41.16 acres are in mature hardwoods with significant merchantable timber detailed in the charts in the property report. Also, there are 59.55 acres of recently harvested pine plantations that are ready for conversion to other uses. The remaining 35.1 acres are in roads, wildlife food plots, a camping area, and a lake.
Land Maps & Attachments
Directions to Land
To access the tract from the intersection of the Fall Line Freeway (Hwy 96/540) and Hwy 19, just south of Butler, Georgia, take Hwy 19 South to Allmon Road. Take Allmon Road and travel 0.9 miles to Melody Lane. Take Melody Lane and travel 0.1 miles to the first gated entrance to the property.
More Land Details
More Land from Fountains Land
- 209.5 AC : $365K
- 621 AC : $801K
- 216 AC : $239K
- 1,407 AC : $825K
- 870 AC : $589K
- 173.9 AC : $417K
- 85 AC : $94.5K
- 311.5 AC : $763K
- 129.4 AC : $350K
- 90 AC : $275K
- 11.5 AC : $69.6K
- 11.5 AC : $69.6K