Location This farm is located in Central Western Arkansas about 1 mile West from the small town of Hartford. The land fronts for about 1,600 ft along SH 96, which forms the South boundary line of the property, and about mile along Gap Rd, which forms the East boundary line of the property. The larger city of Ft. Smith, Ark is about 30 minutes from this farm. Little Rock is about 2.5 hrs. Oklahoma City about 3 hrs. Tulsa about 2 hrs and Dallas about 4.5 hrs. The farm is nestled in a level creek valley right at the foot of 2 landmark mountains and just a bit further to the South is the Poteau Mountain Range.
LAND 95.64 acres of valley land consisting of about 90 open pastures and meadows with the balance in timbered plots. A mountain creek runs through the property from North to South and there is a timber belt along each side of the creek. The land is sandy-loam by nature and well suited to fruit, berries, garden crops of all kinds, pasture and hay. At this time the farm is used to pasture cattle and furnish the winter hay supply for the herd. The owners report the place will handle about 30 cow units plus furnish the winter hay.
Services To Property 1. Electric.
3. Rural water service.
4. Rural mail delivery.
5. School bus service.
6. LP gas delivery.
Buildings 1. There is a commercial-type shop building of all steel construction which is 40 x 60 feet. This building has an industrial type cement floor, 16 ft sidewalls, metal siding installed over insulation and roof, three 14 ft overhead doors and 2 outside passage doors. The owner has constructed inside the building a one bedroom living quarters, nice kitchen with built-ins including appliances, bathroom and living room/.
2. There is a good set of metal pipe corrals and work pens for cattle.
3. 30 x 70 metal frame and metal clad hay or machine barn with cement floor.
4. 16 x 65 metal clad barn located at work pens.
HUNTING & Fishing Lots of deer and turkey right on this place so you can keep your freezer full of fresh game. Other game include quail, rabbit, squirrel and even black bear which may be hunted in season. Fishing right on the farm for bass, catfish, perch, crappie and other pan fish.
TAXES $1,080 paid last year.
Comments Conveniently located small cattle farm borders right on highway for easy all-weather access and handy 1 mile to small town with churches, store and grade through high-school. Not a prettier location with mountains surrounding this farm and valley for awesome scenic mountain views. Here you can run a small herd of cows or horses plus furnish the winter hay supply. Live in the apartment in the steel building, or build your new dream home on this acreage with many very nice home-sites. Hunting right on the farm or in the adjoining mountains with thousands of acres of land and many miles of seldom traveled roads just waiting to be horseback or on your 4-wheeler. Also, this farm is just 30 minutes to the largest city in our area - Ft. Smith, Ark, population about 80,000
Bullet Points 1. Over 1,600 ft State Highway frontage.
2. About mile frontage on country farm to market road.
3. Numerous excellent building sites for a new country home.
4. Sub-division potential for smaller farms each with a nice home-site.
5. Scenic view of mountains from this valley location.
6. Just mile to town.
7. All services on this land for building a new home.
8. Mountain creek runs through the land from North to South.
9. Good fishing right on the farm.
10. Hunting on farm and in the nearby mountains for deer, turkey and other game.
11. Good set of work pens for handling cattle.
12. All buildings will last a lifetime with low upkeep being steel construction and metal clad
13. Excellent fencing including about mile chain-link along Gap Road.