Listing Saved
Email Sent

5 Acres in Sierra Mountains

Emigrant Gap, CA 95715

Placer County, California

5 Acres
Create a FREE Land Buyer Profile or sign in to save this land. DISMISS

Land Description

The perfect mountain retreat to build your vacation home in the Sierras. Close to 1-80, this lot has a gated entry and backs up to protected Bureau of Land Management forest. Just 10 minutes off the freeway and it is 20 minutes from 2 ski resorts. There are a few hills and a flat pad for a trailer (may need to be cleared).

PRIVACY: No building will ever be done behind this lot, as the space behind it belongs to the BLM (Bureau of Land Management)

GPS Center Coordinates: 39.2855, -120.6688

Gps Corner Coordinates:

39.285711, -120.670923

39.285313, -120.670923

39.285305, -120.666192

39.285712, -120.666217"

Elevation: 5052.5 feet

Nearby Attractions:

Ski Resorts

Hiking Trails



Lake Tahoe - an hour away

Emigrant Gap Historical Marker - 6 min (2.0 miles)

Snowflower RV Resort - 11 min (5.5 miles)

Indian Springs - 14 min (8.8 miles)

Lower Cliffs, Upper Tier Indian Springs Rock Climbing - 14 min (8.6 miles)

Additional Land Info - Questions/Data

Closest major city: South Lake Tahoe, California 96150, USA - 1 h 40 min (72.7 miles)

Closest small town: Yuba Pass, California 95715, USA - 14 min (5.9 miles)

Nearby attractions: Emigrant Gap Elementary School - 5 min (1.3 miles)

Emigrant Gap Historical Marker - 6 min (2.0 miles)

Snowflower RV Resort - 11 min (5.5 miles)

Indian Springs - 14 min (8.8 miles)

Lower Cliffs, Upper Tier Indian Springs Rock Climbing - 14 min (8.6 miles)

Zoning Data - Questions/Answers From The County

What is the zoning of the property? Residential-forest (Rf)

Terrain type? Slope

Property use code? n/a

Is the land cleared? Wooded

Access to the property? Dirt

Is the property buildable? Yes

What can be built on the property? Allowable Land Uses and Permit Requirements. The following land uses are allowed in the RF zone district.

Agricultural, Resource and Open Space Uses:

- Agricultural accessory structures

- Agricultural processing

- Animal raising and keeping

- Crop production

- Equestrian facilities

- Fisheries and game preserves

- Forestry

- Grazing

- Mining, surface and subsurface

- Plant production nursery

- Water extraction and storage (commercial)

- Winery

Manufacturing and Processing Uses:

- Electric generating plants

- Recycling collection stations

Recreation, Education and Public Assembly Uses:

- Campgrounds

- Camping, incidental

- Community center

- Small agricultural event center

- Intermediate agricultural event center

Residential Uses:

- Farmworker dwelling unit

- Farmworker housing complex

- Single-family dwellings

- Mobile homes

- Temporary dwelling

Can we camp on the property? Yes

Notes on Camping: Camping is allowed

Are RV's allowed on the property? Yes

Note's on RV's: RV's are allowed for temporary use

Are Mobile homes allowed on the property? Yes

Notes on mobile homes: Mobile homes are allowed

Are tiny houses or small cabins allowed in the  property? Yes/No

Is there a total size restriction for any structures on the lot? Coverage: 10% maximum

Are there any building height restrictions? Height limit: 36 feet maximum

What are the setbacks of the lot?

Front: 50 feet minimum

Side: 30 feet minimum

Rear: 30 feet minimum

What is the minimum lot size to build on the property? The parcel size of the property will be the starting of the minimum size.

Is there any time limit to build? 6 months

Is there a County or City Impact fee required to build and if so how much does this cost? n/a

Is the property in a flood zone and if so what needs to be done to the lot in order to build?  Not in the flood zone area

Any other restrictions? n/a

County Operator Details who Confirmed the Information: Zoning Information Available Online

LM Internal DD Specialist: Mardie

LM Internal DD Auditor:  Edison

Utilities Data - Questions/Answers From The County

Is the property in the city or MUD district?( Please refer to Fema)

Note: MUD (Mixed Used Development) meaning it's a zoning type that blends residential, commercial, cultural, institutional, or entertainment uses into one space. Placer County Unincorporated Areas

Is the property located inside or outside city limit? County

Does the property have water connected? No. Need to dig a well

Does the property currently have Sewer or septic?  No. Need to install septic

Does the property currently have electricity connected? No

What is the electric company name? Solar System Alternatives

What type of gas does this area service? No Gas

More Land Details

Residential Zoning
Gently Rolling Terrain
Gravel Road Access
Assessor Parcel Number (APN)
Posted on LANDFLIP
202 Days Ago
Last Updated
123 Days Ago
Land features, descriptions, details, directions, sales history, photos, maps, boundaries and files are deemed reliable and provided "as is" without guarantee, warranty, representation, expressed or implied by LANDFLIP or its advertisers, and is subject to errors, omissions, sale or withdrawal. Contact the seller directly regarding this listing.