This 2.66 acre parcel in Costilla County has classic southwestern Colorado desert views in every direction. You can see one abandoned house 1,000 feet Southwest of the property, and the closest neighbor is two miles away. Build your solar powered dream home (minimum 600 square feet) or park your RV amidst the sagebrush and count the stars at night. The terrain is slightly rolling, and a small arroyo runs North to South across the property.
This parcel is located in a wildlife paradise. Wild horses roam in this area among the desert grasses, cactus, and volcanic rock, and hang around the abandoned house near this property. You can see mule deer and pronghorn in the valley, or hike into the mountains to the east to find the elusive bighorn sheep. The Trinchera Herd with 16,000 elk cross through here during their seasonal migration. For the angler, Sanchez Reservoir is located just 5.9 miles away is stocked with Northern Pike, Walleye, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Yellow Perch.
This parcel is remote but is easily accessed from a well-maintained dirt road, just one mile from Highway 159. The town of San Luis is only 12 miles away with restaurants, a grocery store, a hardware store, schools, and medical services.
Return to nature and build your green dream home in this southwestern Colorado wildlife paradise.
- 12 miles to San Luis
- 52 miles to Taos
- 122 miles to Santa Fe
- 167 miles to Colorado Springs
- 185 miles to Albuquerque
- Address: Somerset Circle, San Luis, CO 81152
- Subdivision: Wild Horse Mesa Section B Block 14 Lot 26
- Parcel ID: 712-03-700
- Zoning: Estate Residential, at least 600 sq ft home
- Camping allowed for up to two weeks per visit; after which a long-term camping permit would be required to remain on the property
- HOA Fees: None
- Size: 2.53 Acres
- Terrain: Level, Mountain Views
- Access: Dirt road
- Conveyance: Warranty Deed (the best kind)
- Taxes: Elevation: 7,750 feet
- Power by Solar
- Water by well, holding tank, water haul or delivery service
- Sewer by Septic
- I can make this fit any budget. You are welcome to visit the property. Don't hesitate to ask any questions below.
- Can be sold on terms for down, for 26 months
- 20% discount for paying cash. All monetary transactions backed by financial institutions.
County Contact Information:
- For land use information call Planning & Zoning
- For ownership verification call Assessor
Pictures are of the actual parcel or the sights in the area within 10 miles.