Located on approx. 90 acres of Black Belt pasture, C.1816 Hawthorne, built by Colonial Manning, renovated in 1863 by Dr. James Browder, is the sole remaining Italian Villa in Hale county. The focal point is the 3-story tower with a 2-story gable wing rising to the left and a single story wing flanking the tower on the right. A one story porch with broad overhanging eaves and decorative supports wraps the 2-story section, shading numerous French doors from the double parlors which open onto the porch. Hawthorne is a treasure!